It’s 7 am and the organizers and volunteers are here at Park Day School getting ready. Most of the makers loaded in last night, and the others will be arriving over the next hour. The place looks awesome, and we’re so excited to open doors. You will soon wake up, and wonder, What should I bring to the Mini Maker Faire today? How should I get there?
So, as a quick reminder, remember to bring:
- Your paper tickets, if you’ve already registered (you can login to eventbrite at any time to print them) or cash, check or credit card to buy new tickets (onsite prices are $20 for adults, $15 for kids)
- Cash for the awesome food trucks and crafter shopping, as well as parking if you use one of the lots ($5)
- Clothing for the Swap-O-Rama-Rama screenprinting and textile hack zone
- Misbehaving small appliances for the FIXIT Clinic (you can take it to the Wreck Lab after if it doesn’t work out😉
- Handmade, homemade food stuffs for the Urban Homemade Food Swap
- Hat and/or sunscreen, as a lot of the event is outside
- Your bike! Free bike valet by the East Bay Bicycle Coalition; come in style!
Remember, tons of exhibits run all day, but check the schedule for times of performances, workshops, and lectures. Doors open at 10 am and we kick everyone out to start clean up at 5 pm.
Most importantly, bring your curiosity and DIY attitude. We can’t wait to see you soon!