The magic of Maker Faire is in the people: the spirit and generosity that Makers and event organizers express, and the curious and 0pen nature that attendees bring with them to the event. Thank you all for making the East Bay Mini Maker Faire a fantastic Maker Faire!
There are obviously way too many appreciations to offer up, but here’s some standouts:
- Makers. You are it. There wouldn’t be anything to talk about if you didn’t make.
- Park Day School staff, parents, teachers and community. This is an entirely volunteer-run event, and hands-down you all worked unbelievably hard to make it happen and run so smoothly. Thank you for being so game, for spending all of your time and energy, and for sharing Park’s incredible campus as a venue.
- MAKE Magazine and O’Reilly Media for having the vision to share (and license) Maker Faire to community organizations. Read MAKE Magazine.
- Several Individuals from outside the school community supported the East Bay Mini Maker Faire in a big way. So many deep props to Tricia McGillis for visual and web design; Scheffer Ely for serving as event operations lead; music stage manager Katy Bell; Karla Macedo for poster design.
- And thanks again to our sponsors (see right)— especially latecomers Ranahan Production Services, for lending 30 radios and tons more gear, and Aidells Sausages and Semifreddis bakery for feeding our Makers.
It’s dangerous to start calling out names because it truly takes THIS VILLAGE.
Looking forward to seeing you in 2012!