Imagine taking an 87 year-old Model T truck frame, the front suspension from a malaise-era Pinto, and the engine from a 90’s Mustang and making a racecar. Now imagine winning…alot…and driving to the race legally on public roads. The 24 Hours of LeMons series is a Maker tour de force. Where mechanical chops (and sweat equity) are required to help teams come up with winners under the $500 budget cap. Along with the Model T GT will be Spirit of Chump Car-winning Ferdinand the Bug whose adorable googley-eyed exterior hides a ferocious Subaru power plant and just to make things TRULY challenging…dual controls! Come talk to these Maker-racers on Sunday October 19th and find out how you can turn your driveway eyesore into a track-day champion.
Free PDF of MAKE Magazine!
@ebmakerfaire on InstagramThe 3rd grade #minimakers at Park Day School invite you to a school made arcade in Temescal Alley - Tuesday, April 16 - 1:00 - 2:30. All ages welcome! Turn up for fun and prizes and that cool maker vibe you’ve been craving since October! Proceeds benefit the 3rd graders’ petition to make the black-crowned night heron our official bird of Oakland! 🖤Did you make a quilt block at #eastbayminimakerfaire? Each nine square block will be used to make a quilt - like this cozy one - for fire victims and foster children! Thanks @made_by_judy for sharing your post with us - and to #eastbayheritagequilters and @hellostitchstudio for their work on this wonderful project!Thanks @akiragames.us for sharing this picture of the awesome t-shirt you picked up from @slowmoonrise at #eastbayminimakerfaire! We 👏👏🏻👏🏼👏🏽👏🏾👏🏿your support of local makers!
Thanks to our 2015 Sponsors
- In case you missed it <3 twitter.com/deannalosi/sta… 1 month ago
- @NickyDommy @makerfaire Thank you for pointing this out. Had we been aware of the use of this term, we’d have addre… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Early Bird Deal! 9 Years running this is the best bang for your buck on an balmy Sunday in October: The East Bay Mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- Take a trip to a far away place through the OIHS Portal. Start at the East Bay Mini Maker Faire. TOMORROW, Sunday 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- Ready Set Race! Make your own super-cool wooden car, decorate it, and race it down a 12-foot high race track at the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago