Park Day School campus is in the Temescal district of Oakland at 360 – 42nd St., Oakland, CA 94609. The entrance is at the corner of 42nd & Opal.
If at all possible, take BART to the MacArthur Station and walk (it’s a 10 minute, 1/2 mile walk) or RIDE YOUR BIKES to the Faire!
There will be free, safe, and secure bicycle parking on 42nd Street.
If you are driving, parking will be available at Emerson School for $5. The entrance to the lot is at 4803 Lawton, west of Broadway off 45th Street.
Best Route from BART with KIDS:
1. Walk bikes or ride on sidewalk from the Station to Telegraph Ave.
2. Cross the street and head north (riding / walking on sidewalks) to 41st Street.
3. Cross the street and head east on 41st Street. Now you can ride in the street!
4. Take first left on Webster Street.
5. Take first right on 42nd Street.
6. Cross Shafter and take left into 360-42nd Street gate – look for the Bike Parking signs.
7. Check bikes and walk up 42nd to registration/main entrance.
To plan your trip on other public transit, please visit 511.org.
HANDICAPPED ACCESS & PARKING
There is reserved handicap parking available adjacent to the 42nd Street gate. Please write firstname.lastname@example.org for information prior to the event.
Early bird ticket prices (through September 20th):
- Adult $14
- Child/student (3-18 years) $11.00
Advance purchase ticket prices (September 20th through October 18th):
- Adult $17
- Child/student (3-18 years) $13.00
Day of event ticket prices (starting midnight October 18th):
- Adult $20*
- Child/student (3-18 years) $15.00*
- Children under 3 are free
CLICK HERE to purchase your tickets.(or go to http://ebmakerfaire2014.eventbrite.com/)
WHAT TO BRING
Your tickets, either printed (click link at end of this email to print) or downloaded to your mobile phone
Cash for the awesome food trucks and crafter shopping
Clothing for the Swap-O-Rama-Rama screenprinting and textile hack zone
Misbehaving small appliances for the FIXIT Clinic
- Hat and/or sunscreen, as a lot of the event is outside
Sign up for the mailing list to get updates on all the highlights of the 2014 Faire